Transportation updates that you should know before going to Boracay.
Basically you can find tons of travel guide blogs about Boracay. But what gave me a hard time to look for is the lack of detailed transportation guide during late night arrivals that made me write this.
- Terminal fee in Caticlan Jetty port is 100.00php
- Environmental fee is 75.00php
- boats sails to and from Boracay Island already operates 24 hours. Peak season or not.
- During late night, local bangkas are no longer available (the 25php fare). There is a Semi Barge though that still sails at 75php/person. These Mini barge sails 24 hours a day.
- when you arrived at the Boracay Port, jeepneys, tricycles and habal habal are waiting outside. Normally, from Boracay Port to Station 2, the fare is only 25php/person. Always ask for the price first before riding in. Some tricycle drivers might charge you with 120php/way for upto 4 person. Just be cautious since most drivers have the tendency to overcharge the tourists.
- From Station 2 going back to the Boracay port will only cost you 20php/person. Do not be scammed by most drivers in Boracay that swindles vulnerable tourists.
Boracay Island is part of the municipality of Malay in the province of Aklan. It is located about 315 kilometers south of Manila in the region of Western Visayas. The usual route going to Boracay involves a flight from Manila or Cebu to either Kalibo, which is about one and a half hours away by bus or van from the island (fare is about PHP150.00 to PHP200.00), or via Caticlan, a barangay in Malay itself where the jetty sailing to Boracay is located. From Caticlan Airport to the jetty: you may either have a 10-15 minutes walk to the jetty or ride a Tricycle which cost 10-20php/person. The boat ride from mainland Aklan to Boracay itself takes less than ten minutes.
Alternatively, one can also take ferries going to Caticlan from a few of the provinces within its vicinity, although travel time is quite long and the areas it sails from are limited.
HOW TO GET TO BORACAY:
MANILA TO CATICLAN BY PLANE ○ 1 HOUR TRAVEL TIME ○ FARE FROM PHP 2,900.00 +/-
● CEBU PACIFIC – Flies 7 times daily | (02) 7020-888
● PHILIPPINE AIRLINES – Flies 6 times daily | (02) 777-5932
● SKYJET – Flies 2 times daily | (0917) 863-1333
MANILA TO KALIBO BY PLANE ○ 1 HOUR TRAVEL TIME + 2 HOURS BUS TO CATICLAN ○ FARE FROM PHP 2,900.00 +/-
● AIRASIA – Flies 6 times daily | (02) 722-2742
● CEBU PACIFIC – Flies 5 times daily | (02) 7020-888
● PHILIPPINE AIRLINES – Flies 3 times daily | (02) 777-5932
CEBU TO CATICLAN BY PLANE ○ 1 HOUR TRAVEL TIME ○ FARE FROM PHP 2,200.00 +/-
● CEBU PACIFIC – Flies 2 times daily | (032) 230-8888
CEBU TO KALIBO BY PLANE ○ 1 HOURS TRAVEL TIME ○ FARE FROM PHP 2,200.00 +/-
● CEBU PACIFIC – Flies 2 times daily | (02) 7020-888
● PHILIPPINE AIRLINES – Flies 3 times weekly | (02) 777-5932
● TIGER AIRWAYS – Flies 2 times weekly | (02) 798-4499
BATANGAS TO CATICLAN BY FERRY ○ 9 HOURS TRAVEL TIME ○ FARE FROM PHP 1,000.00 +/-
● 2GO – Sails 5 times weekly | (02) 528-7000
ROXAS TO CATICLAN BY FERRY ○ 4-5 HOURS TRAVEL TIME ○ FARE FROM PHP 420.00 +/-
● MONTENEGRO LINES – Sails 5 times daily | (043) 289-2832
● STARLITE FERRIES – Sails 3 times daily | (02) 724-3034 | (043) 723-9965
● SUPER SHUTTLE RORO – Sails 4 times daily | (0915) 646-6857 | (032) 231-0639
BULALACAO TO CATICLAN ○ 3 HOURS TRAVEL TIME ○ FARE FROM PHP 375.00 +/-
● FASTCAT – Sails 5 times daily | (032) 842-9341 | (0946) 576-0544
HAMBIL (CARABAO ISLAND) TO CATICLAN BY BOAT ○ 1 HOUR TRAVEL TIME ○ FARE FROM PHP 80.00 +/-
● LOCAL PASSENGER OUTRIGGER BOATS – Sails once daily
ANTIQUE TO CATICLAN BY BUS ○ FROM 2 HOURS TRAVEL TIME (DEPENDING WHERE IN ANTIQUE) ○ FARE FROM PHP 200.00 +/-
● CERES – Departs multiple times daily
ILOILO TO CATICLAN BY BUS ○ FROM 6 HOURS TRAVEL TIME (DEPENDING WHERE IN ILOILO) ○ FARE FROM PHP 200.00 +/-
● CERES – Departs multiple times daily, passes by Roxas & Kalibo
ROXAS TO CATICLAN BY BUS ○ 3 HOURS TRAVEL TIME ○ FARE FROM PHP 200.00 +/-
● CERES – Departs multiple times daily, passes by Kalibo
KALIBO TO CATICLAN BY BUS ○ 2 HOURS TRAVEL TIME ○ FARE FROM PHP 100.00 +/-
● CERES – Departs multiple times daily
● LOCAL VANS – Departs multiple times daily
KALIBO AIRPORT TO CATICLAN:
This is where we landed which I had a hard time researching. Kalibo Airport to CAticlan routes does not have any issue during the day since there are a lot of vans/buses that will be bound for Caticlan Jetty POrt (the entry point for Boracay).
The issue will be if you are arriving late. Lots of blogs that I read does not have late arrival transportation guide to Boracay. So I am going to share it to you:
Arriving late in Kalibo Airport will not be an issue anymore. Upon arrival, you will be greeted by various travel agencies that will offer you transport services to Caticlan JEtty Port. A taxi will cost 1,000php good for upto 4 person. If you are in a hurry and want to save time, then I would suggest getting a taxi. Travel time will only be 1 hour. When you are in big group, you can avail the van for 1,500 good for upto 12 person. However, if you’re travelling solo, there is an Information center in the arrival hall wherein you can ask for bus schedule or if you want a more stress-free service there is also an agency that offers door to door services which means they will bring you from Kalibo Airport right to you Hotel/ Resort Door Steps in Boracay for 720php/way. This already includes 100 environmental fee and 75.00php Terminal Fee.